Migration S5 to S7
One of Indas specialization is, migration (modernization) of control systems based on SIMATIC S5 to the newest systems based on SIMATIC S7 ( or PCS7 ).
We ensure complex realization – from identification of existing signals, software analysis, through preparation of new electrical documentation, software, hardware engineering to system commisioning and support. Thanks to our many years of experience in creating and servicing of technological lines with the use of Simatic S5 and Simatic S7 we are sure that modernization and replacement of the controllers Simatic S5 to Simatic S7 can be done successfully with minimum shutdown time.
Main reasons for migration to S7 system are:
• The need of users to increase productivity , improve product quality and reduce production costs and maintain
• Increased budget for maintenance each year
• Too much time spent on corrective maintenance
• Increased number and time of unplanned downtime of production lines
• Harder and more expensive to find spare parts and quality technical support
Also some facts about S5 system are very important to have in mind when making decision about future of customer’s control systems on production lines:
• Production of SIMATIC S5 was stopped in year 2003-2005.
– S5- 90U, -95U/F, 100U – 2003
– S5-115U/H/F – 2004
– S5-135U, -155U/H – 2005
• Production of spare parts will be stopped in 2015,
• SIMATIC S5 modules and CPUs are not compatible with SIMATIC S7
Successful migration is possible only with engineers, who knows both systems (SIMATIC S5 and SIMATIC S7) extensively. Because of our extensive experience of working on both types of systems, we are in a position to provide a hassle free migration path to our customers, while keeping the shutdown time to a minimum. Customer have to keep in mind that conversion by “automatic tools” in 90% of cases is not enough.
We work closely with our customers to arrive at an optimum migration solution based on their need and budgets. Some of the migration solutions that we have implemented for our customers are :
• Replacement of the SIMATIC-S5 with SIMATIC-S7 hardware in existing cabinets ( In applications where field cabling is in good condition )
• Replacement of complete control cabinets of SIMATIC-S5 with SIMATIC-S7 cabinets
Benefits after migration:
• Modern production lines
• More reliable production lines
• Reduced unplanned downtime and therefore increased productivity
• More certain planning of preventive and corrective maintenance
• Responsive technical support to potential problems
• Availability of spare parts in the future exploitation of the production line